Annual Mid-Winter Meeting
Austin, Texas: January 19-20, 2020
Future Opportunities in Education & Research in Clinical Health Psychology
This meeting builds on our series of mid-winter meetings to inform clinical health psychology training programs (from graduate to post licensure levels) on innovations in training related to health care reform and the blueprint for the future of health service psychology. The meeting will be held at the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown beginning Sunday morning January 19, and concluding at noon on Monday, January 20, 2020 (Martin Luther King Holiday). www.omnihotels.com/hotels/austin-downtown (Please see the link and phone number in brochure to book your room)
The meeting is in conjunction with and directly following the Annual Mid-Winter CUDCP Meeting.
Registration for the 1.5-day CCHPTP conference is $225 ($250 after December 20, 2019), and includes two continental breakfasts and one lunch. Student Registration is $125 ($150 after December 20).
Topics of the conference include: (CE credits will be available through Wayne State University!)
- The Future of Health Service Psychology Training and Education Trends and Challenges
- Innovative Methods of Service Delivery and Education: Future Changes in the Field and Impact on Training
- Changes in the Publishing World and Impact on Future Research
Sample of conference speakers:
- Robert Kaplan, PhD
- Jason Washburn, PhD
- Jennifer Callahan, PhD, ABPP
- Cathi Grus, PhD
The Omni Austin Hotel is located one block from the 6th Street entertainment district, walking distance from Lady Bird Lake and other shopping/dining areas such as 2nd Street, Rainey Street, SoCo, and the Warehouse District.
Learn more at www.visitaustin.org.
To attend the 2020 Midwinter meeting of CCHPTP, you need to do three things:
- Register by Friday, December 20, 2019 (but sooner is better). We need an almost exact count by that date to be sure we have ordered the correct amount of food and have reserved meeting rooms of correct size. The registration fee is $225. CUDCP members can register online for both meetings at www.cudcp.wildapricot.org
- Book your room at the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown. Our group rate for single or double occupancy including free guestroom internet for Omni Select Guests is $209/night plus taxes, valid through 5:00pm Central Time on Friday, December 20, 2019. Call Omni Reservations at 888-444-6664 or 512-476-3700 and reference the CUDCP/CCHPTP group, code CUDCP. Book online at www.omnihotels.com/hotels/austin-downtown/meetings/cudcp-01152020
- Make travel arrangements. Fly into the Austin-Bergstrom International airport (AUS) www.austintexas.gov/airport/. Taxi fare to the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown costs about $35. Both Lyft and Uber service the airport; fees vary. Shared shuttle service is available for $15 one way, $30 roundtrip. Reserve online at www.group.supershuttle.com/group-page/cudcp-cchptp-midwinter-meeting code: 8EG96
To register for the Meeting:
CCHPTP: send the completed registration form and check made out to CCHPTP to Nancy Hamilton at the address on the form. (Alternatively, credit card payment links can be found on the meeting registration form). Register before December 20 to avoid late charges.
CUDCP members of CCHPTP: please visit the CUDCP website and register for BOTH CUDCP and CCHPTP online at www.cudcp.wildapricot.org
For more information, contact: Serina Neumann, PhD, Program Chair
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 757 446 4112 (Office)